Our community in Skopje is on the lookout for great Solution Architects.
Symphony Digital is a technology house headquartered in San Francisco with hubs in Sarajevo, Belgrade, Novi Sad, Nis, Skopje, Amsterdam, and Berlin. Our clients include two of the "Big Four" tech companies, innovative startups from the Bay Area, and leading enterprises from diverse industries. We are working with alumni from Apple, Facebook, Amazon, Google, Netflix, and other bright minds.
Symphony Digital is a partner and preferred vendor of Google Ventures, StartX, and Y Combinator. We like to tackle challenging projects in fields such as biotech, machine learning, IoT, wearables, and augmented reality.
What will be your job, you ask?
- Lead the business-wide technical discussions. Be accountable for aligning the business's strategic vision with its software technology
- Define, design, and implement complex, distributed software systems throughout all phases of the software development life cycle
- Work on new and existing product initiatives and take a lead role in the definition of various product direction
- Drive system improvements and best practices architecturally through both refactoring legacy systems, as well as creating new solutions.
- Working across various teams within the organization to evangelize best practices and clean architecture.
- Provide leadership, inspiration, and guidance to a growing team; foster a culture of transparency and collaboration
Key skills and position requirements:
- 6+ years of software development experience (multiple programming languages is a plus)
- Ability to scope and estimate project requirements
- Ability to present technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Strong analytical capabilities for identifying and resolving engineering tradeoffs.
- Design and architectural patterns
- Principles of software engineering
- Good understanding of server and network infrastructure, experience with cloud platform(s)
- Experience designing and developing distributed software applications, tools, systems, and services
- Experience with balancing and optimizing large-scale production systems is a plus
- Relational and non-relational database
- Excellent time management, communication, decision-making, presentation and organization skills.
- Strong influencing and leadership skills.
Perks and recreation:
We provide a collaborative environment offering support, mentoring, and guidance throughout your career. Symphony Digital takes great pride in our company culture and team spirit and we encourage our employees to grow in both professional and personal aspects.
Some of the things we offer:
- Flexible working hours/remote work
- Additional annual private health insurance
- Personal development budget covering conference fees, courses, etc.
- Healthy freshly cooked lunch, fruit, and refreshments
- Play room
- Traveling abroad (USA, Australia, China, the Netherlands, Italy, etc.)
- Leisure activities (team building events, BBQs, rafting, etc.)
When choosing new team members, we love to be mutually impressed. If we have impressed you, we challenge you to impress us and we will get back to you soon.
Want to find out more before applying? You can always drop by for a cup of coffee/tea and a warm tech chat with our Talent Acquisition Specialist, Stefani or Sanja