Head of Product Design
We are now hiring a Head of Product Design to lead and build all of our UX/UI efforts to become equally vital as our engineering pillar.
Symphony is a technology house headquartered in San Francisco with engineering hubs in Belgrade, Niš, Novi Sad, Sarajevo, Skopje, and consulting offices in Amsterdam, Berlin, Chicago, Copenhagen, Denver, and London. We’re working with 4 out of Fortune’s 10 most admired brands of 2020 as well as some of the most ambitious and creative founders in the world. We are proud to be a trusted partner and preferred vendor of Google Ventures, StartX, and Y Combinator and official partner for a Big Three management consulting firm.
Our full-time team has grown to over 400 incredibly talented technologists, and we plan to continue our rapid growth in the following years.
Your accountabilities in this role will include:
- Shaping Symphony Product Design philosophy and Bringing a well-organized and systematic approach to building our design team and their capabilities;
- Leading, mentoring, and motivating - creating the best possible environment that sets everyone in the design team up for success
- Establishing and maintaining the best practices
- Actively participating in the growth of Symphony’s design team and attracting the best talent
- Supporting product development teams by understanding customer problems and providing solutions
- Being the voice of design within Symphony community and network of our clients and partners;
- Engaging in discussions with senior stakeholders (Fortune 500 companies) and becoming a trusted advisor in translating their product vision to UX/UI design;
- Promoting Symphony’s work to the external design communities through conferences, events, etc.
You are the right fit for this job if you have:
- Experience in advancing a company’s design practices (product design, UX, and UI design);
- Strong portfolio with case studies that prove high proficiency in designing apps for different industries;
- Know-how to lead complex design topics, scaling your presence from clearly communicating a design vision to addressing project or organizational issues;
- Ability to build strong relationships with other product development disciplines, as well as marketing, sales, and other departments;
- Interest to mentor and develop the members of the design and research teams;
- Skills to align senior leadership and opinionated stakeholders on complex design decisions;
- Clear and articulate decision-making skills;
- Excellent leadership skills;
- Strong communication skills;
- Strong verbal and written proficiency in English.
At Symphony, you will have the opportunity to:
- Help us shape our future by bringing new expertise in our portfolio - shaping the future of UI, UX, and product design at Symphony;
- Be one of the core members of our cross-functional product development team for product design;
- Work with world-class experts and leaders from Fortune 10 and other game-changing companies while adding value to their products and bringing their experience to Symphony.