Our community in Skopje is on the lookout for great Data Scientists.
Symphony Digital is a technology house headquartered in San Francisco with hubs in Sarajevo, Belgrade, Novi Sad, Nis, Skopje, Amsterdam, and Berlin. Our clients include two of the "Big Four" tech companies, innovative startups from the Bay Area, and leading enterprises from diverse industries. We are working with alumni from Apple, Facebook, Amazon, Google, Netflix, and other bright minds.
Symphony Digital is a partner and preferred vendor of Google Ventures, StartX, and Y Combinator. We like to tackle challenging projects in fields such as biotech, machine learning, IoT, wearables, and augmented reality.
- Working with our clients and taking their data to use it to build insights and design and build data-driven products;
- Working with talented engineers and collaborating with product managers and designers to investigate new data sources, perform data model and deploy new features;
- Integrate multiple data sets;
- Link and mash up distinctive data sets;
- Handle potentially incomplete data sets;
- Demonstrate expertise when deriving insights from structured, semi-structured or unstructured datasets;
- Clean up data;
- Implement predictive modelling;
- Discover new insights;
- Demonstrate ethical responsibility when dealing with data;
- Perform exploratory data analysis;
- Generate and test working hypotheses in a cross-silo collaborative environment;
- Prepare and analyze historical data and identify patterns.
Key skills and position requirements:
- Strong background in statistics and good applied statistics skills such as distribution, statistical testing, regression, familiarity with hypothesis testing, linear models(generalized), additive models, mixture models and nonparametric models;
- Strong background in mathematics;
- Experience with scripting and rapid prototyping using R, Python (preferred) or similar;
- Strong analytical skills and organizational abilities;
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills;
- Great communication skills (excellent written and verbal communication skills in English);
- Experience with Java, Scala, Spark Streaming and Spark MLlib (optional);
- Data mining experience (using python/pandas) (optional);
- Experience with machine learning (optional);
- Experience working in cloud environments such as Azure, AWS or equivalent (optional);
- Familiarity with Big Data technologies (Hadoop, Spark, Cassandra, HDFS, etc.) would be a major plus
Perks and recreation:
We provide a collaborative environment offering support, mentoring, and guidance throughout your career. Symphony Digital takes great pride in our company culture and team spirit and we encourage our employees to grow in both professional and personal aspects.
Some of the things we offer:
- Flexible working hours/remote work
- Additional annual private health insurance
- Personal development budget covering conference fees, courses, etc.
- Healthy freshly cooked lunch, fruit, and refreshments
- Play room
- Traveling abroad (USA, Australia, China, the Netherlands, Italy, etc.)
- Leisure activities (team building events, BBQs, rafting, etc.)
When choosing new team members, we love to be mutually impressed. If we have impressed you, we challenge you to impress us and we will get back to you soon.
Want to find out more before applying? You can always drop by for a cup of coffee/tea and a warm tech chat with our Talent Acquisition Specialist, Stefani.